This was a great idea Doug! Thanks a lot for setting it up.
I was thinking that Friday might be a good day to meet and go over the stuff that we've accumulated from this blog. Comment if that works/doesn't work for you.
Something of note that should definitely be discussed:
Should we ask ResLife to remove common area furniture? That way we can have furniture owned by the cooperative house. Would people be willing to put in like $100 at the beginning of the semester to be used to buy group furniture?
I would like some suggestions on how we would deal with splitting group stuff up at the end of the year if the cooperative gets shutdown (please no!). It sucks to think about that, but we don't want to get to that day and have no idea what to do and end up fighting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
While I'm open to the idea of buying furniture (must be used, I think that new furniture would be a waste), let's not rush to get rid of furniture provided by the university. The house isn't ours yet so we may want to hold off on permanent investments. Maybe people should acquire what they can thats free/cheap over the summer and fall, but wait to buy communally. Depauw furniture is ugly, but I don't have $100 to spare.
I can contribute some furniture...I would be willing to donate it to the co-op, but if it got shut down (which won't happen) then i would probably take it with me?
yeah, I figure if it WAS yours and the coop ends, then it STAYS yours. That only makes sense.
So since we're essentially "renting" the house from the university until NASCO can help us buy it . . . that kind of makes sense.
So should the house non-food fund be contributed to on a case-by case basis (here's what we want, here's how much it costs, can everyone give $5 sort of deal)?
I think we should all decide if what someone suggests to buy on an individual basis. Unless its stuff we NEED then we could just say "hey we need $5, mr."
I think we should get rid of University furniture- it's itchy, ugly, and takes up way too much room- besides, furniture doesn't always have to be bought, I pick up stuff from the side of the road all the time- I know I have some bookshelves and a chair in my garage right now that I could donate, plus doug has that couch...right?
Post a Comment