What exactly is the final roster of our house? Are we up to 8 people or still at 7? To my knowledge, the list is:
Femi
Lara
Doug
Greg
Olivia
Pam
Miles
If its still at 7, that means we each can have singles, in which case I think we should just decide rooms by seniority (keep in mind that both Femi and Greg are gone 2nd semester, so both of their rooms will open up). If we have 8, one of the downstairs doubles will have to be used as a double, and I think we should promise the choice of a single to whoever is living in the double when it comes time to choose rooms for 2nd semester. I know that for me, I would really prefer a single room, and after having moved after the 1st semester this year, I never want to do that again, so I want a room I can stay in all year.
Also, I think it's important to talk about how we're actually going to be living in the house. I sincerely hope that everyone does choose to be in the house a great deal, but that's obvioulsy nothing we can enforce. I know how I work and choose to live, and I will be at the house pretty much anytime I'm not in class, at a meeting, or at work. I plan to study in my room and socialize primarily at the house, so... my room will be getting a great deal of use, in other words. I just know that there are those people who use their rooms more as a place to sleep and store their shit than an actual place to live, and I think we should all personally assess what we really need our rooms for before any of us complain as to needing a room to ourselves or needing a huge room or whatever else. And just remember, we could be in Mason or something.
I love you guys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Seniority sounds like an odd term in this context, because no one is a "veteran" member of the coop house.
I think it would be nice to give the seniors good rooms because they will be working on theses and such, but I don't know how to work out the rest. Perhaps if someone chooses a larger room, they need to find a second person willing to take a smaller. This pair then personally decides if they want to switch places after first semester.
We should also get christina and casey's opinion in this too, since femi and greg are essentially making c&c's room choices also.
And that is our final roster.
Post a Comment