Tim,
Thanks again for your patience. Following further review and discussion with colleagues, I have determined that your situation warrants an exception to the policy that would ordinarily require you to be on the campus dining plan. Ordinarily my recommendation would be for you to seek a living arrangement that better accommodate your preferences, but that solution disturbs residence life staff immensely as they greatly value your contribution to their program. Further your extensive involvement in the Coop for your dining needs satisfies my concern that you have a realistic, safe dining alternative.
By copy of this message to the Accounting Office, your account will be credited for the board charge. Also, know that you will not be subject to interest charges of any kind if it takes a few days for the posting to take place.
Best wishes for a great school year.
Well, well. There are certainly more details to tell. If you're interested in all the process I've got about twenty more emails between people like me, Dick Speller, Cindy Babington, Pam, Lara, and Deb Salman. I apologize to all those I cced for my last email to Dick. I was slowly involving more people as it got down to August 1- when I would have to pay for the meal plan. Thanks to everybody, especially Pam and Lara, for your patience while I went through this!
There are a lot of valuable lessons to be learned from my experience for the coop, so we can improve administration relations for the future. In the end, I think that Dick and Cindy have been very helpful and that there's a stronger foundation for us to work with them. I get back to DePauw on August 6. If maybe Miles or anybody else in town wants to help me, I was going to take vegan brownies or something to take over to Dick's and Cindy's offices.
Peace bonobos!
1 comment:
YAY!!!!
Post a Comment